The deadline for submission is May 30th, 2018. Please follow the link for more information on the review process and how to submit a manuscript, and the guide for authors. The special issue editors are Conny Bakker (TU Delft), Ruth Mugge (TU Delft), Masahiro Oguchi (NIES, Japan) and Casper Boks (NTNU, Norway).
"Understanding and Managing Product Lifetimes in support of a circular economy"
Special Issue in the Journal of Cleaner Production
Examples of possible topics include, but are not limited to the following:
- The significance of increased product lifetimes to environmental sustainability, circular economy and decoupling.
- Actual data on product lifetimes and replacement cycles, and methods for measuring product lifetimes.
- Critical appraisals of the concept of planned or premature obsolescence.
- Consumer and marketing perspectives on product lifetimes.
- Business models for extended product lifetimes: how can companies maximise customer utility via multiple product use cycles?
- Design-driven innovation to increase product lifetimes.
Cover image: Fira Images
Hi! I'm Katie. I started IN THE LOOP in 2013 during my Master's graduation project. Now a full time PhD student at Lund University, I use this blog as a space to reflect on all things circular economy, business model, and serious game-related.