Two Rules for the Circular Economy and Setting System Conditions for an Abundance of Flows
March 25, 2019
Episode 004: Show Notes
Today we’re talking with Ken Webster about the importance of thinking in systems and why we need to stop looking for circular economy examples and start thinking about what we’re trying to achieve. Do we want to circulate wealth or extract it? How do we ensure we’re setting the right system conditions for the circular economy? Tune in to today’s discussion to find out.
- Moving towards the circular economy [01:45]
- Reflections on the surge of interest in circular economy and the challenges ahead [05:30]
- Two rules for the circular economy and why we need to stop looking for examples [11:25]
- What are the system conditions for the circular economy? [017:30]
- How to make the system circular and the need for both big and small flows [22:45]
- Future visioning and useful links [33:45]
About Today's Guest
Ken Webster is a leading expert on the circular economy and author of the book The Circular Economy: A Wealth of Flows. From 2012-2018, he was Head of Innovation at the Ellen MacArthur Foundation where he remains an associate, and he now holds positions at both the University of Exeter and Linkoping University.