Top 5 Takeaways from the World Circular Economy Forum
Episode 015: Podcast Show Notes
Today I'm recapping what happened last week at the 2019 World Circular Economy Forum in Helsinki, Finland! I was lucky to attend this event as part of the MISTRA REES program. In this episode, you will hear about the World Circular Economy Forum (WCEF2019) and my top takeaways from the event.
Podcast Highlights and Circular Economy Takeaways from WCEF2019
- Circular economy has truly become a global topic.
- Design is crucial if circular economy is going to succeed.
- Consumers can make or break circular economy business models.
- What kind of circular economy do we want to create? Centralized or Distributive?
- We still have room to improve if we want to make a systemic change.
Learn More About Circular Economy and the WCEF2019
- World Circular Economy Forum 2019 (SITRA Website)
- LukStore (Facebook Page)
- Institute EDDEC (Website)
- MUD Jeans (Website)
- OLIO Food Waste App (Website)
Want to leave a review of the Getting in the Loop podcast? Here's how:
About the Host
Hi! I’m Katie Whalen. I created the IN THE LOOP game in 2013 during my Master’s graduation project. Now a PhD candidate at Lund University, I research business models for circular economy as part of the MISTRA REES project.
About the Show
Getting In the Loop is a weekly podcast dedicated to exploring how to transform to a more circular society. Join host Katie Whalen as she examines the challenges facing our current resource use and discovers alternatives to the ‘take, make, dispose’ way of doing things. Each week she interviews circular economy experts about what they’re doing and learning. Together we'll uncover what circular economy means in practice and find out what's being done to keep our resources in a loop rather than sent to waste. Let's get in the loop!