How to Invest in Circular Business with Andrea Brown
Episode 019: Podcast Show Notes
Andrea Brown of the impact investment manager Quadia joins us on the podcast today! In this episode, you will learn about impact investing, hear Andrea’s thoughts on promising new business models that can help the transition to a more circular economy, and find out why circular finance has received a lot of attention lately.
Podcast Highlights and Circular Business Takeaways
- 3:00 Using finance to help scale the circular economy
- 5:45 Linear risks that the circular economy can avoid
- 8:00 What is impact investing and how is it different from traditional investment?
- 12:30 Quantifying the impact of circular businesses and trends in sustainable finance
- 16:30 Entrepreneurship and value creation in a circular economy through collaboration
- 19:30: Making the business case for circular business models
- 23:15 Visions for transitioning to a circular economy
Learn More About Circular Economy and Topics in this Episode
About the Show
Getting In the Loop is a weekly podcast dedicated to exploring how to transform to a more circular society. Join host Katie Whalen as she examines the challenges facing our current resource use and discovers alternatives to the ‘take, make, dispose’ way of doing things. Each week she interviews circular economy experts about what they’re doing and learning. Together we'll uncover what circular economy means in practice and find out what's being done to keep our resources in a loop rather than sent to waste.
About Today's Guest
Andrea Brown is Director of Impact for Quadia. Andrea brings over ten years of working with global fortune 500 companies on sustainability strategy at the World Business Council for Sustainable Development. There she led the development of WBCSD’s circular economy program, Factor10 bringing together CEOs from over 40 companies, including Dow, P&G, DSM, Philips, IKEA, Unilever, Veolia, Danone and more. She developed the CEO Guide to the Circular Economy and is a regular speaker on circular economy and sustainability at global events.