Empowering People and Brands to Create a Circular Economy with Peter Wang Hjemdahl
Episode 020: Podcast Show Notes
Today we’re talking about plastics consumption and recycling with Peter Wang Hjemdahl of rePurpose. In this episode, you will hear about the work Peter is doing to empower informal urban waste workers and raise awareness with plastic consumers. You will also learn about why you should find out more about your own plastic consumption and the importance of knowing what happens to your plastic.
Podcast Highlights and Circular Economy Takeaways
- 3:30 Estimate your plastic footprint in three minutes
- 5:45 How rePurpose began and why they decided to focus on India
- 8:00 Current state of informal plastics recycling in India
- 13:30 How rePurpose works with recyclers
- 16:20 Making consumers aware of plastics and recycling
- 22:30 Ways to reduce your own plastic consumption
- 28:00 How to join the rePurpose movement in rethinking plastics
About the Show
Getting In the Loop is a weekly podcast dedicated to exploring how to transform to a more circular society. Join host Katie Whalen as she examines the challenges facing our current resource use and discovers alternatives to the ‘take, make, dispose’ way of doing things. Each week she interviews circular economy experts about what they’re doing and learning. Together we'll uncover what circular economy means in practice and find out what's being done to keep our resources in a loop rather than sent to waste.
About Today's Guest
Peter Wang Hjemdahl
Peter Wang Hjemdahl is a social entrepreneur and is cofounder of rePurpose, which is a social enterprise that aims to create a global community of conscious consumers, workplaces & businesses that are going #PlasticNeutral. Peter has an MBA from The Wharton School.