#CircularNext and Exploring Circular Economy in North America with Humberto Olivo
Episode 066: Podcast Show Notes
You might think the circular economy movement is only growing in Europe - but today’s podcast guest proves other parts of the globe are also interested in the circular economy! In this week’s episode of the Getting in the Loop circular economy podcast, I speak with Humberto Olivo from #CircularNext North America, a series of monthly events organized throughout 2021 with the aim to explore circular economy best practices in North America. In this episode, Humberto shares why he was motivated to start #CircularNext North America and how you can get involved. You’ll hear about topics previously covered in the series - including digitalization and circular economy in regions - and learn about upcoming topics including tourism, finance, and more.
Learn More About Circular Economy and Topics in this Episode
- Circular Material Marketplaces with Christian van Maaren (Excess Materials Exchange Episode)
- #circularNEXT June 2021: Circular Smart Destinations
- #circularNEXT May 2021: Circular Economy Roadmaps: Countries, Cities and Regions
- #circularNEXT April 2021: Inclusion, Justice & Social Equity
- #circularNEXT March 2021: Two Global Trends Collide to Build Back Better our Economies: The Digital Transformation and the Circular Economy Transition
- Circular Sectors Navigator E-Book
- Linkedin Group: Getting in the Loop Podcast
About the Show
Getting In the Loop is a weekly podcast dedicated to exploring how to transform to a more circular society. Join host Katie Whalen as she examines the challenges facing our current resource use and discovers alternatives to the ‘take, make, dispose’ way of doing things. Each week she interviews circular economy experts about what they’re doing and learning. Together we'll uncover what circular economy means in practice and find out what's being done to keep our resources in a loop rather than sent to waste.
About Today's Guest
Humberto Olivo spent 15 years as an Investment Banker with Citibank and Head of Trading Desk and Investments with Santander. Today he has 15 years of experience with Private Equity and as a VC Investor. He is an expert mentor in Energy, Healthtec, Cleantech, Real Estate & Infrastructure and Technology and is also the founder of the first FIWARE iHub in North America.