I’m recapping what happened last week at the 2019 World Circular Economy Forum (WCEF2019) in Helsinki, Finland. In this episode, you will hear about the World Circular Economy Forum and learn my top takeaways from the event.
ABOUT THE HOST
Hi, I’m Katie Whalen, founder of In the Loop Games AB. I aim to make education for sustainable development understandable and fun, and my first game-based learning tool was the IN THE LOOP game. I’m finishing a PhD at Lund University where I researched business models for circular economy as part of the MISTRA REES project.
My top five takeaways from the WCEF2019:
- CE has truly become a global topic.
- . Design is crucial if CE is going to succeed.
- Consumers can make or break CE business models.
- What kind of CE do we want to create? Centralized or Distributive?
- We still have room to improve if we want to make a systemic change.