Why Asia is Key to the Future of Circular Economy with Adrienna Zsakay
Episode 005: Podcast Show Notes
Adrienna Zsakay, Executive Director of Circular Economy Asia, shares her lessons and experiences from working with circular economy concepts in twenty-four different countries in Asia. We learn about ongoing initiatives, resources her team is currently developing, and why we need to start paying attention to Asia if we want to move to a more circular economy!
Podcast Highlights and Circular Economy Takeaways
- The importance of Asia and what is Circular Economy Asia? [1:00]
- What countries are doing in regards to circular economy [6:00]
- Circular Economy Asia’s ongoing projects [10:30]
- Cultural differences and how approaches differ from country to country [14:15]
- Initiatives toward circularity and untapped potential [18:15]
- What’s next and connecting to European initiatives [24:00]
Learn More About Circular Economy in Asia
About Today's Guest
Adrienna Zsakay is the Executive Director of Circular Economy Asia, which implements circular economy programs and projects in the Asian region. Adrienna has spent many years working across Asia, including in Malaysia, India, Korea and Thailand.
About the Show
Getting In the Loop is a weekly podcast dedicated to exploring how to transform to a more circular society. Join host Katie Whalen as she examines the challenges facing our current resource use and discovers alternatives to the ‘take, make, dispose’ way of doing things. Each week she interviews circular economy experts about what they’re doing and learning. Together we'll uncover what circular economy means in practice and find out what's being done to keep our resources in a loop rather than sent to waste. Let's get in the loop!